05 August 2009

post-college fun

To all you crazy kids out there who think that the end of college means the end of fun, this post is for you!

My evening, post-9 PM, Tuesday, August 4, 2009. Typical.

9:15 expressed interest in going to the liquor store to obtain some beer.
9:16 dad believed the liquor stores to be closed and to be in such a state beginning at 8 pm every weekday
9:16-9:25 Crushed, demoralized, despondent, downtrodden, world weary.
9:25 I go out to prove him wrong. Prove the world wrong, really. I'm a world-beater. It's just my spirit.
9:40 Pull into Cub Foods Liquor (in MN, grocery stores are not allowed to have alcohol for sale in the actual store, so many have one tacked onto the side.)
9:45 Still creepily trying to discern whether or not they're open from my car. I cannot. The lights are on, but there are those yellow cleaning pylons up in the aisles. I figured it was just a typical Minnesota passive aggressive way to say, CLOSED.
9:47 It wasn't. They were just cleaning the aisles! It is indeed open. Success.
9:48-9:55 Try to decide what kind of beer I want. Something classy, sorry, Bud Lime. But not something too expensive or hoity-toity. I chose Fat Tire.
9:56 Write gloating text message to father.
9:57-10:30 Drive around Bloomington trying to find fast food. I find none to my liking as Jimmy John's was closed, Taco Bell too far away, McDonalds too gross, and all other options nonexistent.
10:35 Arrive home, gloat to father in-person.
10:37 Still hungry, put in frozen pizza. I'm going to hate myself in approximately 17 minutes (to cook) + 10 minutes (to eat. everything.)
10:40 Crack a beer open, watch some plastic surgery reality show on Oxygen with my sister.
10:45 Somehow chase her away by asking too many questions. I just want to know what's happening, that's all!
10:45-11:40 Quickly change channel. Finish watching The Graduate. I've been thinking about that movie ever since watching (500) Days of Summer. And no, I did not cry at the end like Zooey Deshanel.
11:40 - present (12:30) Doze on and off while watching one of my favorite shows, The Universe, on the History Channel. As much as I love "Space Oddities" and "The Milky Way" I'm too tired to finish. Bedtime and the end of yet another epic night.

No comments: