20 August 2009

In the works, a new bike

My late-summer project, Day 1

A single-speed commuter for law school!

It's an 80's vintage Fuji free from my neighbor, formerly blue, but will be painted satin black, with a world championship stripe left from the original. I'm going for a black/white color scheme, and would like to find a white seat and white handlebar grips. I thought about white tires, but that may be going too far. My budget is 1/5 of the cost of a new bike I was looking for ($500) and since I have a lot of stuff on hand already, looking for a new home, most of that will probably go towards new wheels (or beer).

  1. Tonight and tomorrow morning: paint, order parts
  2. Tomorrow: clean brakes
  3. Next week: put everything together
  4. Ride ;o)
Expect pics next week of the finished product.

1 comment:

Jeff D. said...

Joe! I have a set of 700c wheels you could have if you pay shipping. The rear hub is 8-speed (I think) so you'd need a spacer kit to set it up as SS. Rims are Open Pros and hubs are Ultegra (front) and old school 105 (rear). Let me know, they're in good shape.