20 September 2010

Holga Out & About

Late last week, a tiny package arrived in the mail. It was my beautiful little Holga 135BC! I knew that my productivity school- and work-wise would get as close to zero as is currently scientifically possible. (Science!)

The first two rolls were a disaster. One, a B+W roll, was completely underexposed. My dumbass believed that 400 ISO film would properly expose using only the normal shutter speed (and, coincidentally, the only shutter speed) on my toy camera. The second roll went a little better, it was a color 400, but I took my pictures furtively on an overcast day, so many were very dark. One trip to National Camera Exchange later, I had a goofy little tripod (with bendable legs that grip onto lampposts, etc.) and a shutter cable which allows me to open the shutter for as long as I want. Finally, the pictures started to get better. Below is a slideshow from my Flickr account, at www.flickr.com/photos/jadammel, of some pictures I took at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, the Basilica of St. Mary, and nearby downtown last night. Enjoy! There will be more to come...

No comments: